Friday, October 14, 2011

Grateful For... A Boring Tile? Really???

This week it was a toss up of grateful proportions.

Harp on about the fabulous people in my life who have made these school holidays just magnificent (because they are and they have)?

or...

Exalt the praises of one materialistic little thing that I think is pretty magnificent too?

After laughing at Hubby and his ridiculous 'love at first sight' moment with a surf ski yesterday, I proceeded to have my very own 'birds singing around my head' fall in love moment in the middle of a Craft Decor store that very afternoon.

It's a sad but satisfying life I lead.

Once I had this tiled little baby in my hands, I clutched it to my chest and held it up to every other tile in the place, confirming my heart thumping suspicions that it was indeed 'the one'.

The one that turned the overwhelming but exciting prospect of a bathroom reno into pure colour-scheme-in-an-instant bliss.

Um, you can't tell in the pic but there are tiny lines of glossy white (hello wall tiling) and chrome (hello fittings) within the tiles of natural colours (hello floor tiles and benchtops). Boring. Practical. But cleeeeean (and grout challenged).

I'm shamefully grateful for this little piece of colour coordinated magic that has me in a superficial, vain spin.
(As well as the prospect of overhauling the 'ensuite of horrors' in the near future.)
Not so grateful for the price tag.
Turns out it wasn't 'per metre' of gorgeous little border but 'per 25cm tile' of gorgoeus little border.
Hmmm.
You can't put a price on true love though.
Right, Hubby??



Linking up with other Grateful Gerties @ Maxabella Loves  this week.

Pop over and see if someone is going to make you watch paint dry to beautifully complement this post.

Shar :-)

8 comments:

Toni said...

oh that is SO much nicer than the 90s apricot tiles in my bathroom :(

Kylie said...

I absolutely understand! I am teetering on the edge of a major home construction at the moment and the detail of the tile is all consuming. I am so pleased you found your perfect match! Pop over to www.beingallthings.com and we can revel together in our tiling choices!

All For Love said...

Haha, love this Shar! I am down with the love at first sight of entirely superficial objects. I had that very experience this week and have just posted about it. The feelings of giddiness and joy I felt when I was ordering those blessed 2 ottomans could be borderline disturbing... but it's not, it's a beautiful thing... like your snazzy tiles :o) xo

Unknown said...

I can pretty much always count on you Shar to make me giggle. Thank you. x

Lee said...

LOL! I love tiles. They are shining, coloured perfection. The one you've chosen is lovely.

Farmers Wifey said...

From one tile lover to another, bring on the grout!!! We have all of our tiles on pallets ready for the tiler next week.....so exciting! I am loving what you have here...who cares about the price....really.....who cares.....just do it!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you both ;)
Finding 'the' tile is one of the most crucial and stressful parts of a bathroom reno, you have chosen very wisely, can't wait to see the results!

Cherie @ 'a baby called Max' said...

I can relate!

I know what that heart thump feels like.

Listen to it. Act on it. And enjoy your bathroom Reno :)