Wednesday, November 23, 2011

52 Week Project : Wk 10

Why hellloooo glamourpuss!!

No, I'm not channeling alien life forms -  
just maintaining the do, you know?

This week's self portrait was snatched in a self conscious instant -
for fear of my beloved hairdresser catching me in the act.

Foil is definitely my colour.
It really brings out my metallic side, donchya think?!

I always have difficulty staying awake at the hairdresser.
The conversation is terrific, really.
But I struggle to keep my eyes open
(you know that lecture theatre, head slowly falling down then snapping back up with a start thing,
then looking around to see if anyone witnessed your micro nap)
after the first hour.
(Yes. I'm there for hours.)

I think it's the combination of the heady (chemical based) smells, the soothing music, having my hair played with and the fact that I do not usually sit down for extended periods
- unless it's on the exercise bike.

Oh my goodness - another brainwave.
Copyrighting this one - hairdressing while you exercise.
Could it be any more efficient?
I don't know why someone hasn't thought of this sooner.

Actually, yes I do.

Linking up with the beautiful My Mummy Daze and her inspiring 52 Week Project
The 52 Week Project

Shar :-)


11 comments:

Karla {Ironmum Karla} said...

Ha ha, the things we do...Foils used to be my thang, until the stress from kids took hold, all over colour for me now so I dont have to deal with the hours of waiting now. I am like you, a couple of hours away from the house could be spent doing other things. Take your bike next time, or one of those little portable steppers, now that would be a classic shot!

All For Love said...

Oh I love your self conscious shot Shar, you look gorgeous, even if you're all metallic ;o)
I so agree, the hairdresser is the ultimate luxury for me, because it means no kidlets and plenty of relaxation. Sadly, I only get there about every 6 months... terrible I know!
I have the micro sleep EVERY single night, in front of the tele, with my macbook on my lap. It is such an annoying feeling.
I'd be all for your exercise/hairdressing idea... if it weren't for the sweat, eeewww!
xo

Lee said...

Love it!!

I took a similar photo a few weeks back and was too chicken to use it! I pretended to photograph something out of the magazine I was reading!! Next haircut - yep I am on!

Life Love and Hiccups said...

Bowchikawow wow. Do we get to see the after pics. You are totally rocking the alien foil look hun.

How gorgeous is your smile xxx

My Mummy Daze said...

I love you, Shar! You always make me smile. You'd make the most awesome BBQ guest!

I do some sneaky selfies at the traffic lights but I think I'd be way too gutless to snap one in the salon!

I get the most sleepy when they're massaging my scalp after shampooing - that's divine!

Farmers Wifey said...

You still look hot with foil on your head..

I'm totally jeolous because I adore going to the hairdressers..with that little chocolate next to my cup of tea and that glorious head massage..

Mrs M said...

you always make me smile.

Peggy said...

haha I LOVE that you are brainstorming as you write, exercise bike at the salon! GOLD!

But no, I enjoy sitting on my behind almost snoozing. Also you still look fabulous foils and all. :)

danneromero said...

Hey, I was wearing the foil just last week... Isn't it great! LOL

Daisy, Roo and Two said...

Oh Snap! My 52 week is hairdressing to! Only I don't look good in foils so don't try them. And my hairdresser saw me take the photo and thought nothing of it. Because she knows me. I'm not sure whether that is a bad or good thing!
Freaking love how happy you look!!

Lifeasmummymax said...

that is a really cool photo :) I still havent mastered the art of taking sneaky photos without anyone seeing me lol I always get caught!