Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sorry Bout That

I would just like to publicly apologise to anyone and everyone who utilises
As you will know - it is closing down this month.

I believe this may be my fault.

A few months ago, the gorgeous Bron @ Maxabella Loves recommended the site
 - and I took to it with gusto.

Now, as with every product I like - it is being pulled from my clutches - and yours.
Again, I'm sorry.

This phenomena has been happening to me for years.
Underwear, make-up, stationary, shoes, groceries, jeans, perfume, whole shops, cleaning products, Tupperware colours, actual cars, pharmaceuticals, sweets, wine, the divine eggplant parmigiana at a local restaurant...

All intimidated into non existence by the Shar jumping on board.

Even the most flattering maternity jeans in the world that I discovered when pregnant with Magoo were recalled from the shelves on the day that my pre-ordered pair arrived in store.

A girlfriend in high school actually refused to tell me the brand of foundation she used,
because she knew it's days would be numbered once I fell in love with it.


It's a burden - this level of consumer power that I (unintentionally) carry.
I do so with a heavy heart.

Maybe it's the universe teaching me not to get so attached to material possessions?
Maybe it's the man above toying with my penchant for routine?
Maybe it's complete coincidence - over and over and over again.

So, tell me.
Can you recommend any fantastic products that you're happy to see discontinued in the near future?

Shar :-)






7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love picnik too. I'm almost afraid to tell you about PicMonkey. Did you find it yet? It's another free photo editing site that was created by a few of the picnik creators so we wouldn't be left high and dry on April 19th. I've been using it for the past week and am very pleased with it so far.

Now, why did I just tell you that??? Please don't make it go away. I don't want to actually have to *gasp* pay for photo editing tools. I'm waaaaay too cheap for that!

I'm too frightened to tell you anything else so I'm taking a lock. ;)

All For Love said...

Haha! Not a chance Shar, I have my own issues with losing much loved products right before my eyes. I have been known to 'stock pile' for this very reason. The biggest ones for me are makeup, underwear and hair products... just where do they go and who is behind them going?? It is decidedly stressful. First world problems I guess xoxo

Deb @ home life simplified said...

It is so nice to hear I am not the only one who suffers from this condition - it is actually contagious as hubby now has it too. I have had favourite lipsticks go and other personal faves, but I got really annoyed when supermarket items I took for granted started disappearing - why???? Also - if i go to a restaurant they usually have just run out of what i order (i sometimes ask hubby to be a decoy and do the ordering)

Kate @ Our Little Sins said...

Hahaha, it's only happened to me once! Hmmm, I don't think there's anything at this stage that I'd like to see discontinued but I am in awe of your superior powers! Now if only you could use them for good...

Teresa said...

Crocs! I don't know why, and I'm not usually part of the fashion police brigade, but those plastic 'shoes' offend me...Perhaps I could send you a pair?!

Life Love and Hiccups said...

I'm gutted about Piknic too, i have been working on my withdrawal from this site as it was too good to be true. Xx

My Mummy Daze said...

Haha, Shar! You're hilarious. I soon as I heard the news about Picnik I took to photoshop elements. It cost money to install of course, but it's been worth it. I'm sure there'll be a new picnik come along soon enough though.