Tuesday, May 22, 2012

52 Week Project : Wk 36

I did consider posting this selfie this week...
but thought that might be disrespectful to elephants everywhere.

Take 2...

Happy days.

I'm super aware that this is as comfortable as parenting gets.
(In practical terms anyhow. I'm going to pretend for a moment that I'm not worried out of my mind about his little 'health situation'.)

 
A beautiful boy happily leading me around one of my favourite places - the zoo.
A beautiful bump that (at this point in time) is giving me no grief and more than willing to follow Magoo's lead.
A full night's sleep under my belly belt.
Plus a hands-free-to-actually-drink-it hot chocolate to boot.

This caper ain't going to last.
(If every second person I've encountered over the past three years is to be believed, anyway!)
So, I'm determined to enjoy it while I can.

Fast forward a year and this gorgeous boy will be at kindy four days a week.
I'm assuming I'll have to get him there, right?!
Preferably bathed, fed, dressed appropriately, on time and with adequate nutrition for the day.
The fuss-free bump will be my baby girl - who, no doubt, won't be into letting Mummy savour hot drinks and wander aimlessly through lush gardens.
Try as I might.

I look forward to what is ahead for my little family, but I'm also conscious of savouring this time too.

A cold has rendered me pretty anti-social for the last couple of days and I have relished in soaking up one on one time with my Magoo.

This week aside, we've spent lots of 'us' time together in the last few months pottering, exploring, visiting, playing tourists and hanging out in coffee shops.
I know I'll look back on this time with him so fondly and am determined to drink it in.

Linking with gorgeous Fi and her 52 Week Project.
The 52 Week Project
Shar :-)

6 comments:

All For Love said...

Spot. ON. Shar. Soak it up, enjoy every moment, another bub does change the dynamic... in good ways too of course... it just changes it.
I still think of those days pre-Felix, when Angus and I would nap together, read together, do everything together, good times.
Love the pic, you've squeezed the loveliest of things into that frame xoxo

Unknown said...

lol thats the sort of 'Selfie' shot i need after the long extended weekend i've had which involved alot, i repeat, ALOT of takeaway!

Love your Happy days shot.

It's the simple things in life that we enjoy the most isn't it!?

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh i always say preschool completely interrupted my lifestyle, much easier cruising at home with zero commitments, especially when pregnant, worse, morning sick!! I was green for most of my daughter's preschool years.
Look at that belly, focusing on that & the positive for Mr H there, is the best thing you can do for everyone, love Posie

Life Love and Hiccups said...

I have no doubt that you will face any challenges with that gorgeous smile. You will be fine, its all about adjusting. I have been thinking of little Magoo and I really hope you have some good news soon hun xx

My Mummy Daze said...

Sounds like you've got the right attitude Shar. You've got to be realistic about these things. Savour this time now before the newborn craziness is upon you. Although I can't help but be envious (as exhausting as that phase is) that you'll have a sweet little baby girl to cuddle 24/7 *cluck cluck cluck*

Kate @ Our Little Sins said...

Oh my goodness, it's getting closer!! Hmm, is that THE most obvious statement ever!?

Yes, savour, savour, savour...another baby does change things but you'll be fine! If you think of it in terms of percentages baby 1 = 100% but baby two doesn't take it to 200%, maybe just 180/190%.

It's so different second time round because you've done it before. With Chatterbox there were days where I could barely manage a shower. I've only gone without a shower twice since Little Cowboy was born - and that's not because I couldn't manage it but because *ahem* I just couldn't be bothered!

I love kindergarten and they're so understanding of unusual outfits, timing etc.. xx