Friday, July 13, 2012

Grateful For...'A Day'

This week I enjoyed the luxury of a day to myself.
I refuse to feel guilty about it.
I do.
Seriously.
No guilt.

Maybe just a little.

Usually, if Magoo is in care I am on my way to work, at work, or on my way from work.
During the school holidays I still go into work on the day that he is at care to prep and meet with colleagues.

With maternity leave looming, I decided weeks ago that I wouldn't go into work this week
- but Magoo still went to daycare.
Sinful, I know.

We're pretty much a package deal, Magoo and I.
Like most pre schoolers and their Mums - we go almost everywhere together.

Especially seeing as he's currently an only child and fairly well behaved (hee hee - watch me eat those words in the coming days!)  - I can usually manage appointments, catch-ups, chores, shopping and all the rest with my little sidekick.

Even on weekends with home renovations, family outings and Hubby's paddling commitments, Magoo and I tend to spend most of our days together.

Not on Thursday.
I flew solo.
It felt weird - but a pretty fantastic weird!

I went to the gym, met a gorgeous friend for coffee, made my way through a mammoth list of shopping, gift buying and cluck cluck clucking at some teeny,tiny clothes -  before meandering back to pick up Magoo.

Magoo who asked me "how woo work was, Mummy?"
Ahem.

No guilt, remember?

Mummy niggles aside, it was a terrific day.
So much so, I plan to do it again next week before I go back to work the week after!

(Hmmm. Do I need to include the disclaimer about how much I truly love my little man here?     Nah.      Didn't think so.)

Linking with Maxabella Loves' 52 Weeks of Grateful.

Happy weekend!
Shar :-)


7 comments:

Deb @ home life simplified said...

Sounds wonderful - i never feel guilty about my days by myself - we moms give so much of ourselves to those beautiful little people ...glad you enjoyed your day (here's to next week too!)

Mrs M said...

Seriously we love our kids with all our hearts. but a day to ourselves is truly awesome.

Farmers Wifey said...

I think we all need a day or two, just to chill and relax, and if I want to clean some cupboards out I damn well will!!!!! In peace lol

Jane said...

Good for you, Shar! I am so impressed. It took me ages to get over that guilt but it's s essential for everyone's well-being for us mums to have that precious time out. J x

All For Love said...

Sounds blissful Shar, but that pesky Mama guilt, it always rears it's head. You deserve a few hours to yourself my friend, the second pregnancy is a tough one. And you are still gymming it?? You're amazing! xo

Maxabella said...

NO GUILT! Bloody hell, I'd go nuts without a day here and there for myself. I didn't know I was supposed to feel guilty about it until other bloggers told me they did... SO GLAD you had such a terrific day, Shar.

I think my blog post tonight might make it even better... I hope!!? x

Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

So good! So nurturing! Good work! Definitely do it again before baby arrives xx