Monday, September 24, 2012

Make My Day

Pre-parenthood some pretty simple pleasures could make my day -
the weekend papers in the sun, a running PB, pretty shoes or a fantastic laugh with friends.

I'd still take any of the above in a heartbeat.
But now, as a parent, there are different ways to put a smile on this dial.

This fairly ordinary Monday of grocery shopping, washing, cleaning and caring for kids
 has been made pretty extraordinary by the little people around here.

Today I have enjoyed multiple big mouthed, right-back-at-ya-Mum smiles
from my (almost) four week old angel.

Today I have cheered and beamed as my (just) four year old champ
mastered the big-boy-look-Mum-no- trainer-wheels bike in approximately 2.8 seconds flat.
Thank you Missi & Magoo for makin' my day.

What little triumphs can turn your day around?

Shar :-)

4 comments:

All For Love said...

Wow! That is seriously impressive with the no training wheels Magoo! No wonder Mum is feeling chuffed. I'm constantly thrilled by the little things that happen around here each day. Nothing beats those first newborn smiles though xo

Karla {Ironmum Karla} said...

Yah Magoo you really are the big boy now. He must be so proud.x

Nat - Muddy Farmwife said...

Awesome!! Go Magoo!
Lovely post Shar, as always you bring a smile to my dial xoxo

Smithsholidayroad said...

Lovely to find your blog and what a beautiful post. Thankyou for reminding me to really treasure those little things. At my place today I was loving the open mouth kisses from my smallest boy and watching my older two pretend to be tigers in the garden!